Your brain is a magic place
Two times two
Equals four
The capital of Belgium
Is Brussels
They all ride the pink roller coaster
In your head
The wires in your brain
Connect the facts and figures
And send them down the chute
To your mouth
So you can answer the question
There is a special neighborhood in your brain
Where the dreams and memories live
The dreams live in shining jars filled with stars
And one jar is opened every night
And next to the dream jars
The memories
Replay the movie of your life
Scraps of you past float around
And when you remember, you grab them out of your brain
And put them in the VCR to watch again
And next to the dreams and the memories
Your imagination sleeps
When you want to fall out of reality,
Your imagination wakes up
And you get to go wherever you would like
You can even follow the stepping-stone path
Through the field full of daisies
To twenty years from now
And you have become exactly what you should become
Just say goodbye to reality
And hello to your brain, hello to imagining yourself
Just as you should be.
Imagination
Is your head's coloring book
Go outside the lines
When I was young, I had an imaginary friend.
Maybe you did, too.
She was everything I wanted her to be.
Her name was Scarlet, and she always shared her candy.
Today, I don't talk to Scarlet as much.
She has been replaced
by five excellent kids.
They always share their candy.
Soon though, Scarlet might come back, since
I have to leave these people soon.
I have to say "Goodbye."
I have to walk away with my back facing them.
I do not have to miss them.
But I will.
0 comments:
Post a Comment