BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Paraphrase


Written in Kensington Gardens

Here in this isolated empty field I rest,
Blocked by long branches on both sides,
And at its crossing, the eye remains,
The dark-tipped, red-trunked, needled shrubs sit!

Creatures develop music, each has their own
Over the enveloping city's buzz,
How lush beneath the limbs it is!
Loudly the quavering sheep-bleats rise!

Occasionally a youth will travel in the pasture
To bring his babysitter his ruined plaything
At times a bird flew above
Buried in her unfamiliar day's work

Down at my feet amazing things go by
What limitless, energetic beings are found
What stirring flowers delicious stems,
A wind-blown woodland, new and clean

The grass on the mountain is never better,
Where the weary fisherman sleeps, reclining
And, simplified of bucket and of fishing pole, 
Numbers his afternoon's reward, the fish.  

In the large planet, which streams by quickly, 
Everyone tries to enjoy life!
but immobile in my crib I
Was exhaled onto by suburban Pan

I, on mankind's wretched cry thrown, 
Wonder sometimes as I listen to them scream
That tranquility has fled from the common man's world
And rests exclusively in the afterlife.  

Although in this place is serenity always renewed
When I who observe them am gone
Even everything in the field passes
The differences of the noiseless day. 

They joyfully sleep they cross!
The flowers near, the birds are full, 
Night descends over the plains
The little boy slumbers snugly in his snug nest

Eased soul of everything! give it to me
to sense among the city's rumble
That there dwells

 





0 comments: